The Mitsubishi Triton ute nears the end of the line ahead of a new generation due out late this year or early next year. That means it’s special edition time, now the first batch of sold out models have arrived.
The first batch of 2023 Mitsubishi Triton Sport Editions arrived in Australia ahead of showroom deliveries in the coming weeks.
The currentute nears the end of the line ahead of a new generation due out late this year or early next year.
That means it’s special edition time.
An eagle-eyed reader has sent in photos of the first batch of the limitedTriton Sport Edition.
The company says that there will initially be 400 examples available in Australia.
As previously reported, the Mitsubishi Triton Sport Edition is based on the mid-grade GLS (which is one step above the GLX+ and one step below the flagship GSR).
Externally, the differences come down to striping on the tailgate and bonnet, and red accents on the side steps. The main changes are inside.
In addition to the Mitsubishi Triton GLS Deluxe package, the Sport Edition gets a power-adjustable driver’s seat, leather seats with red stitching, heated front seats, leather door inserts, and a 360-degree surround-view camera.
As previously reported, the Mitsubishi Triton Sport Edition is available only with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder turbodiesel engine (133kW/430Nm) and a six-speed automatic transmission.
Mitsubishi Australia has removed the 2.4-litre petrol four-cylinder engine from the entry-level GLX.
It is believed to be the first time the Mitsubishi Triton range has been offered without a petrol engine since the model went on sale in Australia 36 years ago.
The current range of Mitsubishi Triton models is listed below. Prices are RRP excluding roadside costs such as stamp duty and registration fees. Starting prices for each state and territory are posted on the manufacturer’s website.
2023 Mitsubishi Triton Australian Prices
- Triton GLX 4×2 Manual Single Cab Chassis: $30,740 (up $1500 compared to the 2022 model)
- Triton GLX single cab chassis 4×2 car – $30,990 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX Single Cab Chassis 4×4 Manual: $37,490 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX single cab chassis 4×4 car – $39,740 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX Extra Cab Chassis 4×4 Manual: $39,940 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX crew cab 4×2 tub car – $40,440 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX Chassis Crew Cab 4×4 Manual – $41,440 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX extra-cab chassis 4×4 car – $42,940 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX-R crew cab 4×2 car – $43,690 (up to $750)
- Triton GLX double cab chassis 4×4 car – $43,690 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX Crew Cab Tub 4×4 Car – $44,690 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX+ Crew Cab Manual with 4×4 Cab: $44,940 (up to $1000)
- Triton GLX+ extra cab tub 4×4 car – $45,440 (up to $1000)
- Triton GLX+ Crew Cab Automatic 4×4 Tub: $47,190 (up to $1000)
- Triton GLX-R crew cab 4×4 tub car – $47,940 (up to $750)
- Triton GLS Crew Cab Manual 4×4: $49,690 (up to $750)
- Triton GLS crew cab 4×4 tub car – $51,490 (up to $300)
- Triton Sport Edition crew cab 4×4 car – $56,440
- Triton GSR crew cab 4×4 tub car – $56,940 (up to $1250)
Note: All prices shown above exclude en route costs. Starting prices are displayed on the Mitsubishi website.