A new update has arrived atY , fixing various frustrating bugs and crash issues in Multiplayer, Battle Royale and DMZ. The full patch notes can be seen below, but some highlights include a fix for the annoying chat bug and battle pass issues.
One major change in the update is the much-needed fix for the chat bug that was causing multiple player names to stick around on the screen when talking in chat. This was frustrating because it caused the names to remain frozen in future matches as well, and the only way to fix it was to relaunch the game.
While it may be too late for those who have already completed it, the fixes are finally coming to the Season 1 Battle Pass. Players who still need to finish completing the pass should now experience fewer freezing and navigation issues. The update also introduces a new feature to highlight unspent Battle Pass Tokens.
According to the Infinity Ward patch notes, changes were also made to fix navigation issues and text errors affecting the gunsmith. It also brings a fix for the bug that sometimes caused a player’s screen to go black when exiting the shooting range.
For Warzone 2, the update addresses the exploit that allowed players to gain XP by using a Stim on gas. It also fixes the annoying cargo box bug, which could cause a player to freeze, get disconnected from the game, or experience a loss of functionality after interacting with a cargo box.
Additionally, Infinity Ward says that this update contains several fixes to reduce the number of known glitches in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2. The full patch notes can be found below,.
Season 2 will bring the next major update for both games, including new maps, weapons, and a new battle pass. season 2 too. Unfortunately, Activision has announced For two weeks. Originally scheduled for February 1, Season 2 will now release on February 15, which the publisher says is to give developers more time to implement changes based on player feedback.
- This update contains several fixes to reduce the number of known crashes. We continue to prioritize increased stability and bug fixes across all platforms.
- battle pass
- Improved Battle Pass navigation, including fixes for some players experiencing freezing.
- Introduced a new feature to highlight any unspent Battle Pass tokens.
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple speaker names to persist on the screen when four or more players were chatting.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a visual glitch with the Combat Knife in the Armory.
- Fixed an issue with directional navigation for progression in Gunsmith.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to move the text of attachments in Gunsmith.
- Fixed some issues that could cause menus to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the player’s screen to go black when exiting the firing range.
- Fixed an issue that caused the preview of a desired pack in the Store to display incorrect content.
- Fixed a visual issue that caused rainbow colors when quickly navigating between menus.
- Fixed a UI issue showing all operators using the same run.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player’s screen to go black while browsing the Store.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Store Bundle purchase cinematic to play multiple times.
- Fixed an issue that would display the “Toronto Ultra” pack after a purchase despite purchasing a different pack.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused melee kills to not track.
- Fixed an issue with the tracking distance of Longshot Challenges when opponents used the Last Stand Perk.
WAR ZONE 2.0
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented match wins from counting towards calling card challenges.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to gain XP when taking damage from their own suppression mine.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to keep Dead Silence or Battle Rage effects when purchasing a new Field Upgrade while another one was already active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to gain XP when using Stim in the Gas.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to freeze and disconnect a player, or cause loss of functionality, after interacting with a drop box.
- Fixed a number of issues affecting the functionality and flow of equipping, trading, and previewing secured slot weapons.
- Fixed an issue where opening the weapon slot of a Medium or Large Backpack would initially block scrolling down to main Loadout items.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to duplicate items.
- Fixed an issue that caused party members to appear as “Not Ready” while preparing for a match.
- Fixed a bug where items from a player’s backpack would appear in Dead Drop.
- Fixed an issue where hovering over a locked Contraband weapon would not update the weapon information in the UI preview.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to linger past the match’s expected end time.
- Fixed a bug that allowed two players to get items from the same Supply Drop at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where pressing down on the marker moves the cursor by two.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed locked attachments to be equipped.
- Fixed a UI bug in the shop that caused free pack labels to remain on the screen on other items.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the firing range with a secondary weapon equipped.
- Fixed an issue where some players would not receive the Anime Enjoyer sticker after purchasing the Notice Me 1.0 pack.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed access to non-core multiplayer maps in a private match.
- Fixed a bug where weapons that had a manually changed receiver in Gunsmith could not be equipped in DMZ.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may earn a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.