is back with another live event I call fire set. Like the more recent live events, Joint Fire does not serve any narrative purpose, instead offering players free cosmetic items. In this event, players can unlock 10 free cosmetics as long as they participate in Joint Ops. Here’s everything you need to know about the Halo Infinite Join Fire event.
Halo Infinite Joint Fire Challenges
The Joint Fire is a live in-game event and will be available until January 30, 2023. During this two-week event. Players will have the opportunity to complete 10 challenges. To complete them, they will have to play Joint Ops.
Joint Ops, or Covet One Flag, is a twist on Capture The Flag. One team is tasked with capturing the defender’s flag, and the defenders must hold them off for a certain period of time. The twist is that defenders spawn with an energy sword, VK78 commando, and threat sensor. Meanwhile, attackers appear with the Pulse Carbine, MK50 Sidekick, and Active Camo, giving teams asymmetrical loadouts that demand different playstyles. These are the 10 challenges that you will need to complete to finish your event pass:
- No Invisible Site – Win Rounds in Joint Ops (2) – 100 XP
- Strout Defense – Kill enemy Spartans with Sidekick or Bulldog in Joint Ops (5) – 100 XP
- Sneaking Suspicion – Complete matches in Joint Ops (1) – 150 XP
- Silent Surveillance – Earn kills or assists in joint operations (30) – 200 XP
- Silent Surveillance – Earn kills or assists in joint operations (10) – 100 XP
- Strout Defense – Kill enemy Spartans with Sidekick or Bulldog in Joint Ops (10) – 150 XP
- No Invisible Site – Win Rounds in Joint Ops (10) – 200 XP
- Sneak King: Get cumulative personal score in joint operations (1,500) – 100 XP
- No Invisible Site – Win Rounds in Joint Ops (10) – 150 XP
- Sneak King: Get cumulative personal score in joint operations (5,000) – 200 XP
Join the Fire cosmetics
After completing all of those challenges, you’ll be rewarded with a variety of Halo Infinite cosmetic items. Here’s what players can unlock once they complete all the challenges:
- Squad Drop (Backdrop)
- Sunset on the Bay (visor)
- UA/Type JFO (Knee Pads)
- Util/Tvastar Diagnostic Set (Chest)
- JFO (Helmet)
- Violet Crush (armor coating)
- Lime Action (Visor)
- SAP/JFO (left shoulder pad)
- SAP/JFO (right shoulder pad)
- Hul-I/Xftrec/Flamingo (Helmet Attachment)
As long as players participate in the Joint Ops mode and complete all the challenges, they will be able to unlock all the items listed above. Make sure you complete everything before January 31st, or else you’ll be like Captain Keyes: missing. Good luck, Spartan!
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may earn a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.